Monday 11 March 2019

Dido: ‘ I’m actually loving getting older’

Dido: ‘ I’m actually loving getting older’

I can’t remember a time before I played music. My first instrument was a recorder I found in lost property at school. If I’d told my parents I needed one, they’d have asked “What for?” So I took it home and played it for hours. I had to keep it a secret, though. There wasn’t a TV at home growing up, so I’d cycle to my mate’s house on a Wednesday night to watch Dallas. It’s just one way in which my childhood was unconventional. There was a lot of boredom which mutated into creativity, but it meant I often felt out of the loop at school. I left home at 15 and binge-watched TV for a year nonstop.
Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/mar/09/this-much-i-know-dido?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment