Wednesday 6 February 2019

ALIEN (1979) is still a ‘perfect organism’ after 40 years…

ALIEN (1979) is still a ‘perfect organism’ after 40 years…

A new, post-Star Wars, R-rated science fiction movie was in theatrical release, and it is to my great regret that, as then-12 year old kid, I didn’t see it in those days. Don’t get me wrong; I really really wanted to see it. I eagerly read every article about Ridley Scott’s scary new space monster opus in Starlog magazine (Starlog was the internet before the internet), and I’d read (and re-read) the large paperback “photo-novel” at our local mall’s bookstore, even though I couldn’t quite afford the large softback’s cover price (photo-novels were home video in the pre-home video age…
Read more: https://musingsofamiddleagedgeek.blog/2019/02/06/alien-1979-is-still-a-perfect-organism-after-40-years/?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment