Sunday 26 June 2022

Westworld: how the most glorious show on TV became the biggest mess

Westworld: how the most glorious show on TV became the biggest mess

American TV has a very weird and specific problem right now: every child exists on TV simply to reflect an adults’ trauma back at them, and nothing else. They droop around the house with a teddy bear asking weird, direct questions at bedtime about how, “Mommy … you seem sad.” Response: “I am, sweetie. [Crying, catching the cry, lowering to a whisper] I am.” I’ll admit I don’t interact with children very often (I am personally childless), but is this how they talk now? These scenes are unbearable, and there is a plague of them.
Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/jun/25/westworld-how-the-most-glorious-show-on-tv-became-the-biggest-mess?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment