Wednesday 6 January 2021

'If the aliens lay eggs, how does that affect architecture?': sci-fi writers on how they build their worlds

'If the aliens lay eggs, how does that affect architecture?': sci-fi writers on how they build their worlds

My approach to world-building is a bit smoke and mirrors – there’s only as much as you need to carry the story. I think of it as one of those sets they used to have for cowboy films: the facades look good, but if you walk around the back, it’s all props and plywood. I don’t want to sound lazy, but I want to do as little as possible. I don’t need to know how the sewage system works to tell a story about someone on another planet.
Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/jan/05/if-the-aliens-lay-eggs-how-does-that-affect-architecture-sci-fi-writers-on-how-they-build-their-worlds?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment