Monday 16 October 2017

Here’s why Kate Winslet didn’t thank Harvey Weinstein when she won an Oscar

Here’s why Kate Winslet didn’t thank Harvey Weinstein when she won an Oscar

When Kate Winslet won the lead actress Oscar for The Reader in 2009, she thanked 19 people by name along with many others in general. She did not mention Harvey Weinstein, whose company financed and distributed the movie. “That was deliberate. That was absolutely deliberate,” Winslet told the Los Angeles Times in an interview Saturday. “I remember being told. ‘Make sure you thank Harvey if you win.’ And I remember turning around and saying, ‘No I won’t. No I won’t.’ And it was nothing to do with not being grateful. If people aren’t well-behaved, why would I thank him?”
Read more: https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2017/10/15/heres-why-kate-winslet-didnt-thank-harvey-weinstein-when-she-won-an-oscar.html?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment