Saturday 16 July 2016

Pokémon Go is Wikipedia’s most-popular article, with traffic up over 10,000 percent

Pokémon Go is Wikipedia’s most-popular article, with traffic up over 10,000 percent

Dharmamitra Lee was playing pool a few days ago with a friend, but the friend’s head was not in the game. “Between every shot he was obsessively checking his phone,” he told us on the Wikipedia Facebook page. “He was playing the new Pokemon game … He told me a bit about it and I thought he was nuts!” Lee’s story is not an unfamiliar one to many people in the United States and Oceania, where the augmented reality game Pokémon Go has captured imaginations. “When I started to read the headlines,” he says, “I thought I’d have a look on Wikipedia to see what all the fuss was about.”
Read more: https://blog.wikimedia.org/2016/07/14/pokemon-go-wikipedia/?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment